Carter learned a tough lesson today about taking care of his things/toys. He occasionally helps us around the house with "chores" and gets a few coins to put in his piggy bank. Recently he found a special Hotwheels car for $3 at Kohl's and he said he'd use his money to buy it. We counted out the $3 which pretty much emptied his piggy bank. Well, he left the car outside 2 days ago and Heath found it this morning--it had been chewed up by the dog. Poor Carter. He was very distraught and wants to go buy another one "today"! Well, he doesn't have any money to buy another one, so we talked to him about doing some more chores and building up his piggy bank again and then he could get another car. My heart is sad for him and you know I just want to go get him a replacement car, but that wouldn't help him learn the lesson. Daddy is stronger than me on these things and that's good--he knows this is a good lesson for Carter to learn. I know it too, but as a Mom, I just want to make things right, right away!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ahhhh, what a tough lesson. I bet he will be more careful with his toys though. As a mom though don't we all want to make things better?? Thank goodness for strong Daddy's!!!
Way to go. I wish we had that much self control. It's so hard to see your children upset. We are trying to de-spoil Cassidy. Lately, we have carried her out of several places because she wanted something and was told "NO". Carter is one of the sweetest smartest little boys I know.
Post a Comment