CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Daddy's Day Off

Daddy was off work today for the MLK holiday so we decided to do something fun as a family. I've wanted to take the kids to the Dallas Children's Museum for some time now, but it's a long drive to an unfamiliar part of Dallas and I didn't want to go alone. So, we decided to go today. We had a great time! It is similar to the KidSpace at the Fort Worth Museum of Science & History, although I think the Dallas one is better (IMO). We also went to a Planetarium show which Carter said was his favorite part of the whole day. He's really interested in stars and planets now and he thoroughly enjoyed seeing the different constellations. There was even a wonderful toddler area which Hayden loved! Along with the pictures below there was also a farm complete with a cow for milking, planting seeds, riding tractors, and harvesting food; a backyard with life-sized spider webs and ant hills; indoor dinosaur fossil dig; and construction area.Look at these giagantic bubbles!
Hayden really liked playing with these beads.


Climbing wall


Little Bruiser...


Playing in water is always fun!





3 comments:

The Brown's said...

Now I want to go. It's so much nicer than it was before. It used to be inside a mall, and was very small. The new location looks awesome. I know what I want to do this Saturday :) Thanks for sharing. Looks like the boys had a blast.

Rachel said...

How fun!! We go to the temporary FTW museum all the time but have never made it out to Dallas. We are going to check it out now!!

Steph said...

So fun. I have tried to visit various area children's museums when we've travelled and there are so many fun ideas they come up with. Looks like you guys had a great time!