CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 1, 2010

What a Monday!

Hayden was diagnosed with Strep throat on Friday, but being on the antibiotics made him so much better so quickly that we were basically running things as normal around here.
Well, a not-so-good day here today. Hayden was up all night with congestion so Heath & I got little sleep. It really affected Heath who was really tired. Maybe that's why he rolled through a stop sign at lunch and got a $200 ticket. Carter complained of a tummy ache this morning and didn't want to go to school. I took him though because it sounded to me like he had gas rather than something else. Both kids went to MDO and did well. However, when I picked them up, both had fevers. Hayden's was back to 102.5. Carter's was low. Both were really congested and coughing. So, we rested the rest of the afternoon while I called both their pedi and the dr. at CareNow as well as heard from the vet about Belle. About 5pm everyone perked up. Carter's fever was gone (I think my thermometer might not have been super accurate). What I got from the drs. was to watch the fever and bring Hayden in tomorrow if it's still really high. Apparently there is a bad viral cold going around with fever and that's probably what both boys have on top of the strep. After dinner I had to go get more medicine for the boys.

Belle has been having some diaherrea problems. She was treated about 2 months ago and things got better, but she relapsed last week after eating some rawhide. I took her to the vet on Saturday. We had blood work done and today the vet said the blood work was normal except for a lack of potassium which is likely from the diaherrea. We are going to try a modified diet for her and keep her off the rawhide. The next step if things don't improve is a broad-range fecal test.
On a postive note, I did get to have coffee with my friend Karla and also worked out at Curves today, so that was good. Hoping the boys wake up better and that we all get some good sleep tonight.

0 comments: