Each year as Easter approaches, I remember a childhood memory that is a favorite of mine. Each year on the Saturday before Easter, our local small-town radio station would host a community-wide Easter egg hunt. They would hide eggs with prizes donated from various local businesses at area parks, schools, etc. So, each year my dad would load us into the car and turn on the radio and listen for the clues. Then we'd drive to each location and try to find the eggs. The final egg of the day was the Golden Egg which contained money donated by the radio station. I don't recall that we ever found any of the eggs, but it was such a fun family bonding time. And what makes me smile the most is it was one of Daddy's favorite things to do. Miss ya, Dad, this year and always. ~Alison
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
This post made me cry Alison :( What an awesome memory. Thanks for sharing.
Alison, thank you for sharing that memory, I enjoyed reading about it!
Post a Comment