I always say we don't really have seasons here in Texas because they aren't as pronounced as they are in northern New Mexico. However, I do still love it when the temperature turns colder and the air is crisp. Today we have a cold front blowing in and I can feel fall in the air. It might also be because Halloween is just around the corner and with small kids, everything is geared around the next upcoming holiday. The kids have their costumes ready, and they both have new trick-or-treat baskets. Carter wanted a plastic pumpkin at Target and Hayden's is a black and white puppy from PBK. Time for hot drinks, flannel sheets on the bed, and homemakde soup for dinner. Another fun thing I love about the changing of the seasons with kids is getting out their new winter (or summer) clothes that I bought 1 or 2 years ago and have been waiting in the closet. Fortunately all of Carter's clothes passed the "cool" test and are OK to wear, although some outfits left over from last winter have been pronounced "too babyish" and won't be worn again. Alas, he's growing up... Happy Fall!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hi Alison!! I am so glad you decided to take the plunge. I started blogging six years ago. I have "met" so many nice friends over the years especially when I was going through infert. Recently I met two of them since they came down for the MOPS convention. There is a blog I love called Fabulous K and she does free blog makeovers. You just have to write her and ask her. http://www.fabulous-k.blogspot.com/
Thank you for the prayers! We are feeling much better! Today I had a sitter at home and I got to go shopping! It was much needed! Lets get together one day for a playdate! -kriss
Happy fall! I think I'm ready for some homemade soup!
Post a Comment