CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

(Here I am with my free Starbucks on Election Day.)


Well, today is the day. 2 years of campaigning comes down to this. What a historic election, either way it goes. I'm glad to be a part of such a monumental event. We are picking up Heath at work this morning to go VOTE. Carter knows all about it and has been asking alot of questions. He can pick up on the candidates voices on the radio--amazing. They hear and understand so much more than we think they do. Anyway, get out and vote today if you haven't already, and then stop by Starbucks to get your free cup of coffee (just tell them you voted!). See you at the polls!

UPDATE: We have cast our ballots and now it's time to sit back and relax and see how this thing turns out. I had prepared for really long lines--we had Carter's backpack with snacks for everyone and toys for playing, but none of it was needed as there wasn't a line. We were out of there in 10 minutes. It's really been fun watching Carter during this process--some days he says he's going to vote for Obama and other days it's McCain. When we got to the polling place this morning, he looked around and said, "Mommy, where is Obama?" I guess he thought we were going to see the candidates...

4 comments:

The Brown's said...

I'm glad I voted early! I hope the lines aren't too long for you guys! Enjoy your coffee. They are giving away free donuts at Krispy Cream also!

Mrs Girly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kriss said...

That was me that left the earlier comment that I accidently deleted. Sorry! -kriss

Steph said...

That makes me LAUGH!!! Mom, where is Obama? They are just so cute the way they see the world... I agree it's so exciting! I heard someone say, whoever wins, it's the end of apathy.. I agree- we all CARE!