CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dear Belle,

You stole our hearts when we first saw you. You were a little 'worse for the wear' with your battle scars and skinny body. You had been through a lot in your first 8 months of life. But that would all change as you found your forever home with our family. Despite your rough start in life, you were so gentle with Carter (and later Hayden). There wasn't an aggressive bone in your body. As time went by, you became so plump and healthy--what a change! Some of your favorite things to do were digging in the backyard trying to communicate with the neighbor dogs; laying under our bed; laying under Hayden's crib; curling up on top of our bed; cooling yourself on the tile in the kitchen; laying on the table on the back porch (much to Heath's chigrin); swimming in the tank in Winters; and laying on your mat in the living room. You loved to play with your doggie friends, Dink and Roxy, at the farm in Winters. And although we had hoped to watch you ripen into old age, it was not meant to be. I take comfort in knowing you were with us when you took your last breath. You are now next to Callie "out on the range" where you can look up at night and see the stars shining. You will never leave our memory or our hearts. We love you.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die. (author unknown)





















2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet. Just like Miss Belle. xo

ILoveLucyLou said...

What a beautiful puppy who was such a beautiful part of your life and you of his.
It is a heartbreak loosing such a wonderful part of your family!
HUGS!