The boys had a great time at their "Polar Express" day at school on Monday. Hayden loves trains so it was extra special for him to see a movie with trains. Tuesday and Wednesday were rather boring--no where to go and too cold to play outside. We did 3 projects on Wednesday--2 Christmas crafts and our gingerbread train kit. Carter has been begging ever since to eat the train! Tuesday evening I attended a meeting at our church with a group of ladies who are trying to start a Teen MOPS group. I am considering serving with this group and branching out in a new area with MOPS. Thursday I got to watch all the pre-K classes at MDO (77 kids) go Christmas carolling at the nursing home across the street from their school. It was so cute! They all had reindeer antlers on and red noses. Carter has been singing his songs around the house and I really enjoyed seeing him perform them with his friends. They did a handbell rendition of "Jingle Bells" and I was amazed how the kids were able to know when to play their specific bells. Thursday evening we had a special visitor at our house--Heath's friend from college, Matt. He currently lives in Spain with his wife and their new baby boy. Heath hasn't seen him in many years and it was a nice visit. Carter finished out his swimming lessons on Friday with a great class. Saturday evening Heath and I celebrated our 10-year-anniversary with a delicious dinner at Italianni's. We reminiced that last year at the same time we were trying to get everything done at our reception before our 7:30 flight to Dallas. What great memories! Sunday we enjoyed a great get-together with our friends, the Browns. Their daughter, Cassie, has really taken a liking to Hayden. So sweet.
On a sad note, a family friend whom I've been praying for for a year died this week from a brain tumor. She was only 36 and leaves behind 2 young boys. Her family attends the same church as my family in Los Alamos.
Cassie & Hayden
Our gingerbread train
Reindeer antlers from MDO
Christmas angels we made with Mommy
we LOVE to jump on the bed!



1 comments:
So sweet love that pic of Cassidy and Hayden. Carter is quite the little fish. Now he and Cassidy can race across the pool this summer. Sorry to hear about your friend. It was great seeing you guys.
Post a Comment