Monday they were predicting some precip with cold temps and Carter's teacher mentioned they might cancel school on Tues. Sure enough, school was canceled even though it was 50 degrees and dry outside. Probably a good thing since it sleeted all Monday night and we awoke to negative temps and a sheet of thick ice covering everything. I thought we'd return to normal on Wed., but since temps never made it past the teens, the ice never melted. School was canceled Wed. and Thurs. Rolling blackouts. Lots of accidents. Mommy and boys going stir crazy. Heath came home early Thurs. afternoon so I could venture out on a much-needed trip to Target (and the dollar store). He was so sweet though--he drove the roads I'd be on just to make sure they were safe. :) And now they've canceled school for Friday.... Growing up in the mountains of NM, we only had school canceled on the extremely rare occasion-and never for more than 1 day.
On a funny note, my kids were overjoyed when I brought home a whoopie cushion from the dollar store. Carter had wanted to get one since he saw them in his fundraising brochure. Only boys......



0 comments:
Post a Comment